Monday, September 8, 2008

Sales Training: Successful Selling isn’t about Being Perfect

by Mark Bowser


A sales winner is not a perfect human being. There are no perfect human beings. A sales winner is an imperfect human being striving to be better.

Sometimes I can be a perfectionist. Because of this, I am sometimes too critical of myself and others. What I have to remind myself of is that we aren’t perfect. Because of this fact, we will make mistakes. Sometimes they will be stupid mistakes. Well, that’s part of life. When we make a mistake, we have to own up to it and then forgive ourselves. If the mistake can be fixed then fix it. If other people make a mistake, then forgive them. Mistakes are part of life. When they happen, we need to look for the good in them. What can we learn? Where did we go wrong? How can I improve this situation? How can I show people I love them in spite of their imperfectness? Where do we go from here? These are the questions of a sales winner and you are a sales winner.

No comments: